I am super excited to announce that I have officially updated my blog and have moved a bigger and better website BiteofHealthNutrition.com! I finally bit the bullet and invested in a better website platform to give you a new and improved design and layout that I think you are going to love. I am hoping that this change will not only improve my material but provide you with a better experience.
Starting today please visit BiteofHealthNutrition.com for more of my nutritious and delicous recipes, nutrition tips and product reviews. I will also be available for individual nutrition couseling services. Please stop by for more information! See you all there :)
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
"I received free samples of Blue Diamond Almonds mentioned in this post. All opinions are my own. "
One of my favorite treats, chocolate covered almonds, takes on a whole new form in my Salted Chocolate Almond Butter. Spreadable chocolate? Yes please! I was looking for an alternative to Nutella, as I am not a huge fan of hazelnuts or all the added sugar. I started with my simple almond butter recipe and added the cocoa powder and some dates for natural sweetness. If you don't have dates, honey would work just as well.
I thought the spread would go great with crackers like Blue Diamonds Almond Nut thins as a perfect afternoon snack. And was I right! The crunch and saltiness from the crackers paired perfectly with the sweet nutty flavor of the chocolate almond spread. Even better, this snack is gluten free.
- 1 1/2 cups roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 date (or 1 tablespoon honey)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins
1. Add almonds to food processor. Process about 5 minutes until smooth, scraping down sides with spatula every minute.
2. Add in cocoa powder, date, coconut oil and blend for another 1-2 minutes until evenly combined.
3. Mix in salt.
4. Serve with Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins. Follow my blog with Bloglovin