- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dried fruit (optional)
- nuts/seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine honey, vegetable oil and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
5. Spread mixture onto large cookie sheet (preferably one with sides)
6. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Stir mixture then bake for another 5-10 minutes, until oats are golden brown.
8. Remove granola from oven and let cool on pan to allow granola to harden and create clusters.
9. Once harden remove from pan and mix in dried fruit, nuts and seeds if using.
10. Store in air tight container.
Here are some other fun ways to enjoy granola..
- Enjoy it with low fat milk (remember a serving is only a 1/2 cup!)
- Add it to trail mix, oatmeal, yogurt or your favorite baked good
- Top roasted apples or seasonal fruit with granola for a quick fruit crisp