Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops

   



    Happy May 21st! This month's recipe redux theme is DIY kitchen essentials. With the warmer weather upon us I decided to make one of my summer kitchen essentials...popsicles.  When the summer months come I am always looking for a cold treat.  Unlike my husband who can eat ice cream every night, I prefer something a bit healthier on occasion.  So I created my Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops to indulge in without the guilt.  And get this, there are only two ingredients in this recipe and I bet you have both in your refrigerator right now. All you need is Greek yogurt and fruit. I used vanilla Greek yogurt and blueberries, but whatever flavor combination you like, go for it!


    This recipe ended up requiring a lot of improvisation and creativity. For one, I lost my Popsicle molds and, two I didn't have Popsicle sticks. But turns out a muffin tin is a great Popsicle mold.  Sure, the shape is different but I actually had an easier time getting them out than I did using the molds. Also, the colorful straws I had added the perfect pop of color and held up the Popsicles just fine.


    These popsicles make a great dessert, but are equally as healthy for a cold breakfast on a hot summer morning or as a cool afternoon snack. And if one isn't enough, go for a second. I promise you won't be judged. :)

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
Servings: 3

Ingredients
  • 1 cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (can substitute with other fruits)
Directions
1. Mix blueberries into yogurt and evenly spoon mixture into 6 muffin cup tins.
2. Place a 3-inch cut straw or Popsicle stick into each.
3. Place muffin tin in freezer for at least 3 hours. Remove and let sit on the counter for 5 minutes to make it easier to remove pops from muffin tin.
4. Enjoy or place in air tight container in thefreezer and enjoy throughout the summer!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to use a muffin tin as a substitute. I've actually just made something similar - with a layer of stewed rhubarb and then a layer of yoghurt. I'll have to try this flavour combination next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! yummy frozen yogurt pops!
    xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy.

    ReplyDelete