With only three days until Valentine's days I thought I would give you another homemade chocolate treat recipe. This time I gave a makeover to one of my favorite candy bars, Almond Joys. With only 5 ingredients that you can actually identify and less than 10 minutes of preparation time, you've got yourself a healthy homemade candy bar.
This year, instead of purchasing a box of chocolates for your Valentine, impress them with these homemade Almond Joy Cups! Homemade sweets are just that much sweeter, I promise!
Almond Joy Cups
Makes: 24, Servings: 12
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey and almond butter.
- Microwave ingredients for 30 seconds and stir.
- Add in cocoa powder and coconut flakes and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 24 mini muffin tins and top each with a roasted almond.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, use a knife to pop out of muffin tin then store in an airtight container in the freezer.